Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Our first holiday Thanksgiving

Celebrating our first holiday in our new home was a truly thankful experience and we were able to share it with a good deal of our family, and considering the travel time for them, we were truly thankful to share the day.

My daughter and grandsons had the longest trip - more than 4 hours. They were our first overnight guests, staying Wednesday and Thursday nights. Their favorite spot - the shower! Everyone had to try it out! That certainly makes for the most unusual holiday tradition!!

My son Shawn worked the morning, but made it before the turkey was gone. His favorite - the refridgerator! Just kidding, he loves the sunroom best.

Here are Tom's mom, brother Kevin with his wife Judy, and (aunt) Sister Mary. Sister Mary took more pictures of the house than I have! Coming from Albany, they made the trip in 3 hours and returned home the same day. While they were here we had a surprise visitor. A red-tail hawk perched on a tree just outside the sunroom and preened for about 5 minutes. No pic - we didn't dare move and disturb him.

I did remember to get a pic of the first fire however. I was almost glad to see the weather finally cool enough to light the fire.



December 6 - it snowed. And when I got a look at the view (out of every single window in the house!) I was thrilled to see snow for the first time since I was a little kid. I didn't even mind shoveling - well, that is because Tom did it all.


Just a dusting, maybe next one we can have a snowman...




No comments:

Post a Comment