Sunday, May 31, 2009

A nice surprise



Because of all the rain, we hadn't expected much to happen at the lot last week. But we stopped by anyway for a visit, and were pleasantly surprised to see the basement had been framed. This photo shows the walkout to the back yard and to the right of the picture you can see the large window that is going into the basement as well. We don't really have any plans to finish the basement, but you never know. Plus it will give me adequate light to use the space for the wetwork I do; painting, dying, felting and such and also for a workroom for Tom. Below are a few more pics of the framed foundation.

I've been asked why I haven't yet shown the houseplans. You may have noticed I've posted a line sketch of the house. Thanks, Gary for providing that! The house will actually mirror the sketch as the driveway is on the left. But it will give you a hint of what is coming. I will post the floor plans eventually, but not just yet!

We met Mike as we were leaving. He tells us that he needs to know where to put the stove ventelation... I thought I'd have more time to decide! We've been researching kitchens for weeks and still haven't come up with any decisions. I've even subscribed to a couple of magazines! We will be meeting with a kitchen designer in a couple of weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Lots happening up there now. the next pictures will look like a house!

    ReplyDelete